Saturday, May 14, 2016

He's the one.

I started 2016 with extremely high hopes for the year following what I had thought was the good fortune to end up with the guy that I hadn't gotten over. Well. I still have high hopes for the year, but let me tell you this, they have NOTHING whatsoever to do with that guy anymore. He was the worst mistake of my life and I wouldn't wish his evil torturous ways on anyone. All of that drama put me at the lowest point in my life I have ever been. Let's just say... I was surrounded by pills of all types and couldn't think of any reason why I shouldn't swallow every last one. Nothing. Not even my dog, who happens to mean the world to me. All because of some lying, cheating heartless excuse for a man. I was seriously considering admitting myself to a hospital just to keep me from doing exactly what I had wanted to do. I had a blog post about the guy and how amazing it was to be back together, blah blah blah. I deleted it. Although it was a part of my life, the entire situation is not a memory I'd like to ever think about again.

So let's move on!

I was starting to feel a bit normal again... or closer to myself, anyway. When one day I got a message, and read some things, and started chatting with a guy........ and oh, man. I can't even very clearly put into words how it all happened or how I feel. All I know is I am going to marry this guy. We've been together about a month now and it's been the best of my life. I have zero doubts. He is the one. I've read a quote that says if a man makes you feel giddy and weak in the knees, he isn't the one for you. You should marry the guy that makes you feel safe, What if this man does everything? He holds my hand and I feel secure. He makes me smile and I have never laughed so much, so often, in my life. I am giddy, safe, complete. I trust him with everything I have. I've never felt so comfortable to be completely myself, no hiding anything, around anyone. He is my person. He is everything. I am so in love with him and I cannot wait to spend forever with him. Plain and simple... He is the one.

My high hopes for the year are still here.. but for completely different reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment